The Remnant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Remnant

The Remnant Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Belgarath, Harbringer of Evil.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nogo

Nogo

Belgarath, Harbringer of Evil. Empty
PostSubject: Belgarath, Harbringer of Evil.   Belgarath, Harbringer of Evil. I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Bélgarath.

Born from a one night stand between a Whore and a Soldier, Ironicly none of them mattered in life either way, while Bélgarath were to have huge impacts on other peoples lives. Being less and less attractive in all ways to her customers, as none of them wants to weither be with, or get together with a pregnant Woman. Months went by as times got harder, The Economics in the poor quarters of Stormwind got worse and worse, Starvation became a part of his mothers life. The lack of food also inflicted the child with a weaker immune system. Finally, the child was born, she left him to die in the very attic she had climbed up to give birth to him in.

She left him to die.

The urchins lurking the streets searching for shelter from the rain in the Attic, they found Bélgarath, just a few hours old, his body temperature was dangerously low, yet they did all they could to keep him alive. His body temperature started rising as he made it through the rain along with the Urchins. Adoption came next in line, he was always told he had no mom or dad, but he conciderd the whole Street Thiefs Society to be his family.

The name he was given was Bélgarath, Bélgarath for the bastard he was, as the actual name, instead of putting them in separations he came to be called Bel.

Stealing bread, food, money, purses and pouches everyday, everything they could their hands on in order to survive, week to months, months to years, at the age of 13 the turning point came.

He was currently about to cut someones purse in the Trade district as he had fooled the young beautiful woman into buying him something for the few coppers he had stolen earlier and had handed to her. A bard yelled out behind him.

"Whore caught and later to be executed today! Drowned her only child in the channels few days back!"

He hessitated that little extra bit of time for the Purse to be out of range and the few coppers he had, was lost. The small piece of bread the woman had gotten him was of no comfort. Cause of the dire mistake he decided to go to the Execution.

The woman now standing infront of the gallows was old, and worn out, the ribs shined through even tho her clothes was way to big, as the noose was stringed around her throat she stared into Bélgarath's eyes, he stared back. And he would have been fine in at any other given time and execution, he didnt know it at the time, if he ever will find out, but he witnessed his Mothers execution, and as the snap of her neck echoed through the silent streets of Stormwind he felt a hole in his stomach he couldnt understand.

He had this illusion of becoming someone of great importance, this dream he'd always chase after. Years went by, and at the age of 16 the Church had been recruiting trainees of the light. He left the Urchins leaving what little possessions he had behind, to walk the right path of the light.

During his training periods of becoming a fully trained Paladin, Knight of the Light. He came to realize how good the people higher up in society had it, They ate 3 meals a day, didnt have to worry too much about money, nor the survival of the weeks to come. His mind traveled back to the hard and harsh years of his childhood as he ate every meal, as he slept every night in the soft beds. How messed up the Society is, how rotten the rich were. The thoughts clouded his mind as he saw more and more corruption and suffering amongst the villagers and Nobles.

Years went past, he handled inquisitions and lesser preachings. Just at the age of 25 he graduated from a Paladin in training to the point where he could Call himself a Knight of the light, stand tall and claim his rank of "Paladin".

At the incident of Lordaerons fall, he had yet to travel much, but he had come to understood that War was at hand, The Scarlets and the Holy order had divided. Bélgarath had chosen to follow what he found the most neccesary, as he was sent further North, through the Frozen wastelands of Dun'Morgoth and the humid place of Wetlands, through the Highlands of Arathi and past the Frontier of Southshore, his Squad had been ambushed by the Scourge. His superior had been caught of guard and slayed almost instantly, No orders were given and the Knights around him was panicing.

He yelled out his commands as he seemed fit, the Scourge was exorcised away from them by Rays of light and concecrated earth making them slowly disperse. Given the oppertunity a coordinated attack of searing light and holy words the Remaining scourge was either driven away or defeated. Through his quick thinking and leadership skills, he had gained an Promotion to lead the very Squad he had helped succeed in combat.

His mind filled with dark thoughts about humanity and where it was heading. It had'nt disappeared, through one mans death he had gained more power, Through killing turned humans he had become more powerfull. Deep within his mind a voice he knew as his thoughts slowly spoke.

"The only power that matters is that to Kill and Destroy, Cause if you're unable to wield these powers, you're always a victim to those who can."

The words had started a chain reaction of finding himself deeper and deeper into the very corruption a few years earlier he had hated, now he loved it, the power he knew he had over others, he could send these men to their Deaths and they couldnt say no.
He eyed the mens faces and imagined what they had at home, Children, Wifes, Possessions and savings. He could take it all away from them in the blink of an eye. He never spoke of these thoughts growing within his mind, but he loved it.

After Lordaerons fall along with the first expedition sent to Northrend, Bélgarath, Champion of the Dawn was sent after with his Squad.

As the voice in the back of his head started taking a voice of his own, not his own, it was almost like talking to someone else.

"I've seen the Future, you're far more powerfull then you could even imagine, but to get there, you must follow my every lead, every nick."

Belgarath understood and found himself think hes going insane listening to something in his head, but as the incidents grew into what the voice had mentioned, as his fate became closer and closer to what the Voice had explained, He understood it was real, as real as what he saw in the mirror.

As the Argent Dawn soldiers set foot on Northrend's soil, He instantly understood what he had to do, the Voice didnt have to explain.
The assaults on the scourge outposts went smooth, all the point where the major threat was deemed to be gone, and his superiors called out Squads to Duty, Reckon and Purging the lands from the vile Undead.

A promotion was inbound for Bélgarath.
Being now a General of the Argent Dawn he had the power to send Squads and participate in the battles he chosed.
The Voice in his head let him know, that he had nothing more to gain staying here. He had to lead a direct assault towards the Heart of the area known as Dragonblight, past the Cracks into the cave where Arthas and Muradin had found the Cursed blade of Frostmourne.

On their way there, the Squad got ambushed by the Lich kings lesser patrolls, He yelled out his orders half wittedly knowing he wasnt supposed to win, this was his fate, his destiny. As the soldier died around him, he was the last man standing, A Lesser Death Knight walked up to him, a man raised to serve the Lich King, he drove his Runeblade through Bélgaraths Chest, his face shaped into exgrutiating pain as he slowly faded away from conciousness.

The raising of Bélgarath took place few hours later, his body yet to decay from the Death ofcourse, he arose, grasped the very Runeblade that had slew him straight off the Weapon stand, and cut down the Death Knight who had slaid him. A Voice he did not reckognize as his "second" companion nor his own spoke to him.. "Arise, and serve." His mind slowly wanderd off to not become his own, doing nothing but following orders months later even in the Scourgen army he had been reckognized as a potent leader and commander being placed directly under the lich king himselfs order in the area he now had to claim his own. He slew hundreds upon hundreds of the people he had once called his Allies, people he a long long time ago had respected. His mind had given in to the Lich Kings command along with his own powerthisty voice in his head.

The path stride to Azeroth, Leading a Undercover Scourgen assault to the Eastern plaguelands, to establish the invasion point of Acherus, He was placed under the few potent commanders already there, Mograine and Rivendare.
He was chosen to follow the assault on the Lights hope chapel, with the few troops he still had to command, he obeyed willingly.

Well there, the battle was lost as Tirion Fordring appeared, Cleansed the Corrupted blade of the Ashbringer, He watched as the will of Lich king left his mind, giving room for his own thoughts and plots to again be in control.
The voice is back.."There, You now have it all..except one".

He kneel infront of Tirion swearing a oath to the Ebon Knights. To follow the laws of mankind yet again and follow the Orders of Wrynn.

The voice began.."Let me introduce myself, you'll call me Master, I am a part of the Shadow Dancers, I've lead them for decades, and i've found you to be..interessting. My name however, is Nogo."

A shiver of cold went through Bélgaraths spine, he could stop himself from getting goosebumps from the sole knowledge that he've had contact with someone all these years.

He was now under the Order of Both the Ebon blade and the Shadow Dancers, his loyalties was with the Shadow's while he served the Blade.

Wandering under the orders of the Ebon Blade in Northrend, He stumbled over the reckoning of A Death Knight Known as Nixxiom, He had been defeated and freed from grudges and hate, Himself, Rees and a Skilled Rogue by the name of Sinclair decided to Break free from their respective orders to follow Nixxiom in his idealistic projection of a Society.

Being now the commander of the new born Remnants of Shadows, Whom Nixxiom had been the sole survivor off, Belgarath found himself thirst for more power, the immense display of power Nixxiom had put on and shown since he had joined intrigued both the voice in his head known as Nogo and himself.
Weeks went by as he gained more influence throughout the Remnant and the villages.

The runeblade he had been granted the second he was raised as a Death Knight was still in his possession, granting him the ability to gather the souls of those he wanted, which would prove usefull later on.

Months and years passed, The Remnant Had yet again fallen.
After a failed assault combined with the Argent Dawn on the gates of Icecrown that he himself lead. They had called retreat and formed The Eternal, Yet another Society sworn to make the Lich King pay for his Crimes.

Within the Eternal there was alot of upcomings.

He fought another asipirant called Simon.
Slayed him during the Trials of Simon taking over his spot as Commander.
The soul absorbed and stored in the blade.

The voice in his head drove him further and further, his thirst for power made him absolutely blind to what was going on around him. Right now all in his mind was to Slay both Nixxiom, and Rees, As Sinclair had left the Eternal.

But as it went by, Nixxiom was called back to The Eastern Kingdom leaving both Rees and Bélgarath behind in Northrend under the command.

Nogo had found more use in Bélgarath then he could earlier ever had imagined.
Taking him off the hook, leaving Rees in sole command over the Eternal, Bélgarath was trained in the dark and absolute realm of Shadows.
He stepped through the Portal that had formed infront of him. His body dispersed into the Realm.

Time outside of it basiclly stands still.

Once inside, his mind was absolutely silent from anything but his own thoughts, he walked a few steps inside, looking around, seeing nothing but the gray and dark dusky shadows lingering around. He froze in his steps as he felt something on his right shoulder, a rotten humid breathe struck his face, he frowned fouly as he knew who this was, Nogo.

A renegade Priest that had dipped in Necromancy and Warlockery decades and decades ago, Maybe more..

Nogo: "So you came, your time as a servant is over, Bélgarath.."
Bélgarath: "Why wouldnt i come, You know what im here for."
Nogo: "Absolutely.." a wicked laugh fills the space around them.."But if you're ready to do what you're about to be offered, what you've longed for so long will be yours."
Bélgarath: "Im Ready."

They trained for weeks, months, time is out of place, the time outside of the world was merely minutes of what was really hours in the Realm.
weeks was Months.
Months was years.

12 years in the Realm with Nogo, to master the Powers he had recieved, Just as Barrigall had once trained Nogo. He was ready to travel back to the Realm of the living.

Sending notice to Nixxiom that he's still alive and sound, Nixxiom sends a Invitation to Stormwind where he was now located, to meet someone he's in dire need of protecting.

Bélgarath walks of the Boat from the continent of Northrend.
Nixxiom waits for him there.

"Nixxiom..." He sais.."Bélgarath" Nixxiom answers him, Bélgarath unknown

"Where have you been..? 12 months and no notice." Nixxiom Continues.

"Nixxiom, i got an request.." he ignores Nixxiom's question.

Nixxiom turns to him, staring at him with his blind eyes, Chills going slightly down Belgaraths spine as he still sees Nixxiom as a powerful Creature, but fully convinced he'll claim whats "rightfully his"

"I want you to know, that i swear my alligience to you, and no-one else. If i ever stray from the Right path again, your path. I want you to place this in the Catacombs of the Cathedral of Stormwind."

He holds out an Medallion with the crest of an Val'akyr on it.

Nixxiom grabs the trinket by its chain and asks.."What is it?"

"Its my familys crest, even when dying a dishonorable death, i want to rest in peace" he eyes Nixxiom carefully seeing if Nixxiom buys the lie, seeing as the Amulet is infact a enchanted item, working as a relocater, you just need the "key". Nogo have the key, and a free trip into the heart of stormwind would be the best he could ever have.

Nixxiom accepts the Amulet and puts it in his Backpack.

Belgarath continues.."There's something you must know, Last time i was under your command, i wasnt myself, I was being seduced and pulled of the path of you, the right path, by forces stronger then myselves..."

Nixxioms body turns stiff and after a moment of silence he sais.."Nogo, No doubt."

Belgarath doesnt confirm nor deny the statement, but slightly nods and continues.."He made me do terrible things...I slayed many of the Eternal, friends and even some i held very dear. Most of them people i had shared both blood, food and drinks, people i'd trust my life too...And..I placed a curse over Nokomis, Your dear.. Im the reason shes dead" Belgaraths head falls down in pretended shame and regret.

Nixxiom stares blankly at him with his blind eyes.
"Your character is unfocused, Corrupt, almost as if you're not of this world, but we all walk down those paths once or more in our lifes, me myself have walked down those paths, oh to many times.. But thats what life is about, about taking the right decisions and be strong enough to not be seduced by power and might. Thats what makes you a man."

Belgarath Stares up, Places his hand on Nixxioms shoulder..."Thank you brother, I owe you so much, and i'll dedicate my life to you."

Nixxiom nods and turns away walking down the Pier of Stormwind harbour.."We dont want to miss the boat."

Bélgarath asks.."You're taking me to the person you want to protect?"

Nixxiom nods and turns around.."His name is Ashevn, a Trainee Druid.. You'll teach him whatever he needs to know. He's my son."

Bélgarath sways for a second staring at Nixxiom.."You have a son?"
-"Yes, I do, I do not want to go into details.."
Accepting the answer Bélgarath follows Nixxiom to the Pier for the boat towards Teldrassil, to later meet up with Nixxiom's son in Winterspring.

Nixxiom pays the Gryphon Rider in Teldrassil and Bélgarath sets off towards Winterspring.

A wicked grin on his face, his fangs bared in an evil manner, eyes flaming of fel empowerment as he knows exactly what this means. Nixxiom had explained his Name is Ashevn and is waiting for him at the Hot springs of Winterspring.

"He bought it...Its going to be fairly easy" Bélgarath sends to Nogo.

A distant and hollow, almost as if from the dead a voice answers in the back of his head.

"Yes..Good job."

His eyes giving out a fel-green light for a second as his master further enhances the bond between them and the Corruption of Belgarath continues to takeplace.

Bélgarath smirks as he meets up with Ashevn in Winterspring.

They shake hands, courtesey aside, Bélgarath explains they must travel to the Outlands in order for his education to go forward. Aswell as Ashevns duty to his Fathers bloodline.

Ashevn and Belgarath arrives in Hellfire Peninsula a few days later, Introducing his Studen Ashevn before his former commander Isuldor at Honor Hold, Pararelly placed with Thrallmar in the Wasteland.

They speak shortly off what Nixxiom wanted Belgarath to do with Ashevn, Teach him the ways of standing up for himself. Realising he's not a teacher however, Belgarath decides to do what he knows the best.

Show him the past. As they travel to the ruins of a now almost ancient Orc home village, Pieces and fragments of since long lost history still lays shattered around, forever keeping the secrets of what had happened here within them.

Explaining to Ashevn what Fel does to Animals and creatures, Showing the Enraged elementals scattered across the Peninsula. Ashevn takes some of the fragments, using magics that are unknown to Belgarath to sense what have been, and mentally travel through time.

As he sees the Orcs worship demons, Gul'dans Trechery and Ner'zhuls madness, He realises the destructive force of Fel magic.

Shortly after, Belgarath decides to Leave Ashevn to his training alone, in a way disobeying his Oath to Nixxiom which he had left him with. Setting his eyes towards Stormwind, Where he've spent the majority of his time, except the few trips to Karazhan for research as he put it to those who knew were he was going.

Weeks past as he struggled to keep his sanity from voices in his head, and deeds he later blamed on a warlock named Elesh.

Once he recieves his orders from Nogo yet again, he sets off for Winterspring through a portal looking for him, however he finds out he might be in Ashenvale, on his way through Felwood He's ambushed by 2 Demon hunters, Suriash, an Ancient one, and his student, Selendis.

After minutes, seeming like hours, of explaining and trying to justify his demonic taint despite his evil intentions, he gets his throat slit open by Suriash, and Burnt to ashes by Selendis.
Upon this event, Nogo from his Crypt in Karazhan attempts to corrupt both the Demon hunters without succeeding. Giving his position away, he decides to quickly relocate himself from the eyes of Suriash.

Belgarath gets revived by Elesh, which for now was his Student within Warlockery and giving him the knowledge he so desperatly craved for.
His Phylaticary was consumed in the progress, henceforth he again tried to go underground in Stormwind in order to create a new one, as well as trying to regain his rational thinking.

After being betrayed by Elesh, and engaging in combat with the same. He regains his powers and mental stability in order to seek out Ashevn again. This time finding him in Ashenvale fighting off Rethion, another Druid and a Elf with bow and arrow, Selendis, one of the Demon hunters are there.

He engages combat siding with Selendis and Ashevn, In the end Rethion and the other sign for retreat, his mind suddenly becomes cloudy, Nogo's rotten face appears, hissing in his brain to stand down as Nogo attempts to send him information regarding something recently recovered from the Cathedral in Stormwind.

Nogo being weak, insane and unable to control his powers the way he used too, falls victim to his own magics and it backfires on Belgarath, Belgarath's body feels like it breaks in two as he hunches forward, letting out a long painfull sigh as he falls unconcious to the ground, However rising shortly after, possessed by Nogo, Hissing at the Demon Hunter.."Ssselendisss" before falling forward again, face down in the growth.

Selendis sees her chance to strike down, taking a leap forward on which ashevn sends a Typhoon sidetracking her into the bushes, a glaive almost hitting Belgarath as its projectiled towards anyway.

Being restored by Ashevns magic and clueless to the event a few moments ago regarding Selendis, His fel traps set up in the area, Hidden Demons and Voidwalkers slowly start to be decimated, They die, one by one, from a Invisible Force.

"Something's not right" Belgarath claims.

Selendis turns to them, Not giving any sign of attacking, She whispers almost furiously to them.."Run!"

Belgarath instantly forces his palms together, creating a Vortex, leading to the Realm of Shadows, Carrying himself and Ashevn through it, as it Closes, he See's Suriash ancient profile appear next to Selendis, They made it.

Appearing in wetlands not a few moments after this, Ashevn hibernates in one of the caves out in the wilderness. While Belgarath moves towards the Elven outpost, being told by Ashevn to find Nixxiom there. Finding him in the top of a tower, with 2 others, Erunno and another Elf he does not know the name off.

After discussion back and forth, Belgarath is yet again joining The Remnant.
Nogo's faint voice, hissing off exhaustion and fatigue.."You're..Done..Here..You, and her..Are..The ones to carry this on...." As the words are spoken in his mind, Nixxiom asks him directly..
"Are you still in contact with my old friend, Nogo?"

His whole body moves almost as if in a spasm, claiming that he havent been in contact with him since they left Northrend over a year ago.

Nixxiom looks doubtfully on him, Erunno does too.
Despite this, He's recruited into the Remnant again.
He's promoted to his Former rank, High General of The Remnant, Fist of the Remnant.

He nods in approval and knows he'll have to play it smart, or perish.
Back to top Go down

Belgarath, Harbringer of Evil.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Remnant :: The Remnant :: Backstories-
Jump to: